How Well Do You “Read” People? Take this free (anonymous) test…
Did you know that up to 80% of a human being's ability to "read" other people -- that is the ability to understand what another person is feeling whether it be love, anger, sadness, etc. -- comes from observing another person's eyes?
Folks with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) often are unable to read the eyes.Take this simple test by autism expert Simon Barron-Cohen (yes, he IS Sacha's uncle!) to see how you do on the people reading scale.
Free People Skills Test
Here is a fun, free Social Skills Test from psychtests.com>. It takes about 30 minutes, it's anonymous (you don't even give your email address) and the results will tell you a lot about your people skills and in what areaa you might use a tune-up.
What's fun about it? Questions like these:
- When talking to people, I pay attention to their body language (ex. facial expression, hand movement, etc.)
- I manage to express my ideas clearly.
- I feel free to politely voice my disagreement with someone in a position of authority
- I am completely at ease when a conversation shifts to the topic of feelings
- I would rather bite my tongue than start a conflict.
- Is Giving the Secret to Getting Ahead?
- CalTech Tries to Teach Tech Wizards People Skills
- Uncle of Sacha Barron-Cohen’s discovers that eyes really are ‘the window to the soul’
- ON BECOMING A SUPER GEEK
- Good News Beats Bad on Social Networks – from the New York Times
- Ny times Your Phone vs. Your Heart
- Wired.com – The Geek Syndrome
- 32-Year Study Shows How Geeky Kids Become Happy Adults
- It’s all about who you know – New York Times
- MIT is a charm school?!