The National Association of Geeks (NAG) should trademark the geek image so that companies can’t exploit “geek” to sell glasses or anything else to beautiful people. This is obviously no geek, simply a very handsome model with a pair of heavy black glasses. It’s wrong, I tell you!
How Well Do You “Read” People? Take this free (anonymous) test…
Did you know that up to 80% of a human being's ability to "read" other people -- that is the ability to understand what another person is feeling whether it be love, anger, sadness, etc. -- comes from observing another person's eyes?
Folks with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) often are unable to read the eyes.Take this simple test by autism expert Simon Barron-Cohen (yes, he IS Sacha's uncle!) to see how you do on the people reading scale.
Free People Skills Test
Here is a fun, free Social Skills Test from psychtests.com>. It takes about 30 minutes, it's anonymous (you don't even give your email address) and the results will tell you a lot about your people skills and in what areaa you might use a tune-up.
What's fun about it? Questions like these:
- When talking to people, I pay attention to their body language (ex. facial expression, hand movement, etc.)
- I manage to express my ideas clearly.
- I feel free to politely voice my disagreement with someone in a position of authority
- I am completely at ease when a conversation shifts to the topic of feelings
- I would rather bite my tongue than start a conflict.
- Is Giving the Secret to Getting Ahead?
- CalTech Tries to Teach Tech Wizards People Skills
- Uncle of Sacha Barron-Cohen’s discovers that eyes really are ‘the window to the soul’
- ON BECOMING A SUPER GEEK
- Good News Beats Bad on Social Networks – from the New York Times
- Ny times Your Phone vs. Your Heart
- Wired.com – The Geek Syndrome
- 32-Year Study Shows How Geeky Kids Become Happy Adults
- It’s all about who you know – New York Times
- MIT is a charm school?!